Tear Down The Flagship - Start Something

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Evaluation Question 4

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?





I started question 4 off talking about key technologies we used during the research part of our project which featured, blogger, myspace, youtube, Fruktmusic and photoshop amongst other things. In this question I felt I had a large contribution, especially on the production part of the question. We spoke a lot about the camera we were using and specifically some of the advantages and disadvantages we encountered. I would however, like to build on the point of exposure. We decided to use the manual settings for the camera so this meant we had to use manual focus and manual exposure. While we were all comfortable using the focus puller we were not with the exposure. It turned out that when we looked at our footage after the main shoot we found our footage to be too dark. Looking back we should have learnt how to use this properly and now in hindsight I can tell that we needed to have more zebralines on the camera screen. This was an important lesson in using the exposure function and the next time it is used it will be used properly. This question was answered very well and in quite a lot of depth too. I thought my contribution to it was strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment